“The Stretch Gazette” is a special collection of weekly posts which feature popular and original Yoga articles, quotes, pictures and other inspirational material. Every Sunday, The Twisted Monkey will bring you some words of wisdom, yoga tips and facts, and highlight a specific Yoga Pose for the week. You can subscribe to “The Stretch Gazette” and receive email notifications of new posts by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
Words of Wisdom
“Don’t ask yourself what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” ~ Howard Thurman, Philosopher
“When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” ~ Lao Tzu
Types of Yoga
Sivananda Yoga: Following the teachings of Swami Sivananda, this was one of the first practices brought to the US by his follower Swami Vishnu-Devananda in 1957. This type of yoga is slow paced and focuses on proper breathing, relaxation, diet, positive thinking and mediation, and mastery of the twelve basic poses.
Pose of the Week
- Swami Vishnu Devananda (yoga-mysore.com)
- Selflessness: How to do the Work that Needs to get Done. (elephantjournal.com)
- TWENTY HINTS ON MEDITATION by Sri Swami Sivananda (teachingsofmasters.wordpress.com)
- Sunday Inspiration Week 19 (twistedmonkeyyoga.com)
- Sunday Inspiration Week 18 (twistedmonkeyyoga.com)