“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“Yoga is not a work-out, it is a work-in. And this is the point of spiritual practice; to make us teachable; to open up our hearts and focus our awareness so that we can know what we already know and be who we already are.” — Rolf Gates
- Last chance to sign-up! Intro to Intermediate & Advanced Poses Workshop with our lovely core queen, Julia. Saturday, June 6th, 1-3pm. This two hour workshop is designed for yogis looking to take their practice to the next level. With Julia’s encouragement and instruction, you will learn to use your core strength to help easily guide you into poses you may have thought impossible. From balancing on your hands or even your head, there’s something for curious yogis of all levels. Cost is $20. To register now: Click Here. You may also sign-up and pay at the studio by this Thursday.
- Just a reminder that our Friday $5 Hatha Happy Hour runs through June. Squeeze in another hour of practice before the weekend and end your week right. You will also be supporting our new group of instructors in training. And did we mention, classes are only $5?!?! All ages and levels welcomed. (Please note class cards are not accepted as you will get even better savings!) If you prefer to sweat it out, don’t forget we now also offer Hot Happy Hour at the same time. (Regular cost of $10 and class cards accepted.)
- Our Pilates 6 week session with Rose ends on June 7th. We will be offering a “make-up day” on Sunday, June 14th. Pilates will then be moving to Thursdays at 5:30pm beginning June 25th. Cost is $10 for drop-ins or a class card may be purchased. Yoga class cards can be used once for those who want to give this core-strengthening workout a try!
- FYI….our Wednesday Vinyasa Flow class ends on June 10th! Please see our class schedule for changes.
- Donation-Based Reiki Healing Circle with Shihan (Reiki Master) Lynn Montana – Coming to Fridays at 6:30pm starting June 12th. The Twisted Monkey is happy to offer you the opportunity to experience the empowerment of Reiki through a brief hands-on session. Reiki can often be felt as warm energy, vibration, a cool breeze, or just a relaxing feeling. It soothes and calms, giving us the opportunity to tune into our higher energies and provide them the time, attention and energy needed to heal. If you have never experienced Reiki but always wanted to, this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so. All Reiki practitioners and master teachers are encouraged to join us in the healing circle to both give and receive. Attendance is free; we thank you in advance for any donations received. For those interested in first, second or third degree Reiki training, please attend our first Healing Circle on June 12th for more information. Workshops will be available in June, July and August.
- Surfset Yoga & Fitness with Ashley 6 week session starts June 17th, Wednesdays at 7pm! Sign-ups and special introductory price have been extended to this Thursday. Improve your balance, strengthen your core and your practice, build lean muscle and burn up to 900 calories in one hour! Due to the limited number of boards, you must pre-register for this class. As a specialty class, prices average $15 per session at most studios and gyms. We are offering a special rate of 6 weeks at $60. Price will go up so sign up now! To register now: This event is sold out! We will be adding a second session in July/August. Stay tuned for details!
- Power-Vinyasa (non-heated) with Alyssa coming to Mondays at 7pm. Classes start on June 22nd!
- $5 Pranayama Practice with Justine – Thursdays from 6:45pm-7:15pm beginning June 25th! Through this 30 minute class we will reset, unwind and regulate our intake of Prana, or Vital Life Force. Discover or rediscover useful breathing techniques to aid you in stress management, anxiety, depressed mood, sleeplessness, physical performance, relaxation, restlessness, fatigue, meditation, and of course Yoga, to name a few applications. We will do very light Asana (postures) in some instances so bring your water and yoga mat- blanket or bolster optional. Stay and take Justine’s Sunset Vinyasa class at 7:30pm and you’ll be sure to notice a big improvement in your yoga practice!
- Due to permit restrictions and limited instructor availability, we regret to announce that we will not be offering Yoga in the Park this Summer. However, we are working on an outdoor alternative and will make an announcement as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your understanding and patience.
Sneak peak into July….
- We are happy to announce an additional 6 week session of Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga from July 7th – August 11th on Tuesdays at 5:45pm. Cost is only $50! Must pre-register by June 20th. New moms with little ones who are not yet walking are welcomed to join! To Register Now: Click Here. You may also sign-up and pay at the studio.
- Have you seen the new studio tank top? Makes a great gift for the wine lover and yogini in your life! Only $15 and available in sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL. While supplies last!
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles. Happy June!