“The Stretch Gazette” is a special collection of weekly posts which feature popular and original Yoga articles, quotes, pictures and other inspirational material. Every Sunday, The Twisted Monkey will bring you some words of wisdom, yoga tips and facts, and highlight a specific Yoga Pose for the week. You can subscribe to “The Stretch Gazette” and receive email notifications of new posts by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
Words of Wisdom
The Paradoxical Commandments:
1. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
2. If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
3. If you are successful, you will win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
4. The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
5. Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
6. The biggest men and women with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the smallest men and women with the smallest minds. Think big anyway.
7. People favor underdogs but follow top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
8. What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
9. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. Help people anyway.
10. Give the world the best you have and you’ll get kicked in the teeth. Give the world the best you have anyway.
Types of Yoga
Karma Yoga: yoga of action. Teaches us to do our duties in life skillfully and selflessly, dedicating the results of our actions to humanity. Practicing Karma Yoga helps us to live unselfishly and successfully without being burdened or distressed.