“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“Follow your nature. The practice is really about uncovering your own pose; we have great respect for our teachers, but unless we can uncover our own pose in the moment, it’s not practice — it’s mimicry. Rest deeply in Savasana every day. Always enter that pratyahara (withdrawn state) every day. And just enjoy yourself. For many years I mistook discipline as ambition. Now I believe it to be more about consistency. Do get on the mat. Practice and life are not that different.” — Judith Hanson Lasater
- We have lots of fun Workshops coming your way this Spring! First up….“Not All Breath is Created Equal: An Intro to Pranayama, an Instrument for Being” with our very own instructor Justine. Learn a variety of breathing techniques to help strengthen your yoga practice. Saturday, March 28th,1pm-3pm. Pre-sale tickets are $15 per person. Sign-ups available at the studio or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to pre-register is March 22nd…don’t miss out!
- Coming in April….Wondering what the SUP (stand-up paddle board) Yoga fuss is all about? Then you don’t want to miss our Surfset Fitness Workshop with Ashley. You will have the opportunity to test out The Rip Surfer X, the original Indoor Board for yoga as featured on the hit show Shark Tank. Saturday, April 11th, 1pm-3pm. Cost is $15 per person. Spots are limited and pre-registration is required. Sign-up before April 6th at the studio or email us at email@example.com.
- Also coming next month, our Spring edition of Yoga in a Bottle – Yoga with a Twist! Enjoy a Gentle Yoga class, 5 guided wine tastings, light snacks and tons of fun! Friday, April 17th, 7:30pm-9:30pm. Cost is $25 per person. Spots are limited and pre-registration is required. Sign-up by April 12th at the studio or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more info on all of our workshops: Click Here.
- Have you seen the new studio tank top? Makes a great gift for the wine lover and yogini in your life! Only $15 and available in sizes S, M, L, XL and XXL. While supplies last!
- Our Pilates 12 week session is still going strong. Join us Sundays at 9am for 45 min of core strengthening and toning exercises with our Pilates princess – Rose. Class cost is $8 per person, drop-in rate only. Sorry, we cannot accept vouchers or yoga punch cards for this class. Follow it up with our Intro to Yoga class at 10am….perfect compliment to Pilates.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us Instagram and Twitter too!
Have you read our Top 10 Yoga Etiquette Tips? To ensure all of our students have a great yoga experience, we have put together a list of some general studio reminders and procedures: Click Here
Last month, one of our instructors, Veronica, traveled to Malawi, Africa with the buildOn organization to help build a primary school. Many of you, students and friends of The Twisted Monkey, helped Veronica realize her dream through your kindness and generous donations. She wanted to share pictures of her experience and once again thank you for all of your support.
Over the past year, with your help, I personally raised almost $7,000 that went toward building the Chitu School, located in Mchereka Villiage. During my time in Malawi, Africa, also called “The Warm Heart of Africa” I was immersed in the culture, learned some of the language, stayed with a host family, participated in manual labor side by side with villagers and also participated in cultural activities which allowed me to learn more about the specific cultural dynamics in Mchereka. I was in the country for 10 days total and did indeed take a piece of Malawi home with me in my heart. The openness, joy, gratitude and love that was seen is immeasurable and I am forever changed by the experience.
Thank you for your support. If you or anyone from the studio has any questions or would like to ask me more about my Trek please don’t hesitate to contact me at AdoraStar1980@yahoo.com.