“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“I believe in process. I believe in four seasons. I believe that winter’s tough, but spring’s coming. I believe that there’s a growing season. And I think that you realize that in life, you grow. You get better.” –Steve Southerland
- Happy March! Did you know that we are in the Chinese Year of the Monkey?! As we head into Spring, a time of growth, we can certainly say that it is The Twisted Monkey’s year! Because of your support and dedication, we continue to make changes and grow in ways that we hope will make you feel appreciated and more at home. A new studio sign, new paint, new floors, and still lots more to come (one step at a time), we hope you like it and just can’t thank you enough for supporting us…especially during the dust, class cancellations and schedule changes. Thank you. Now, let’s see all that the next month has in store….
- Open House Info! Reminder that in celebration of all that is going on at the studio, we will open our doors to all previous, current and prospective students on Saturday, March 5th, 11am-5pm. Join us for FREE class demos, mingle with other members and instructors, enjoy snacks and beverages, find out more about the studio, and support a few local business owners. You will get to shop for homemade lip balms by Marjorie Sarah, Handcrafted Yoga Wheels by Yoganomalous, Handmade Jewelry from MysticalMoonshine, try out The RipSurfer X board from Surfset with Ashley, learn about Super Soul Seeds with Marie, and even get a mini-massage from Handled with Care. All guests will receive raffle tickets for a chance to win one of 2 Raffle Baskets full of goodies and a free Class Card! The winner will be announced during the last hour but will also be notified by email. Please note that there is only street parking available, so plan accordingly…and don’t forget to bring a friend! For info and to see the schedule of Class Demos: Click Here.
- $5 Community Yoga Classes! We are happy to announce that beginning Monday, March 7th, we will be offering a $5 Community Yoga class, 7:15pm-8:15pm. Our teachers in training are getting ready to graduate and they would appreciate your support as they guide you through an all levels, beginner friendly, gentle flow….did we mention it’s only $5? Cash only please. Classes will run through the Spring.
- Wednesday Classes! We once again need to move our Wednesday evening class….sorry! The Gentle Class will go back to its original time slot of 7pm-8pm beginning Wed, March 9th. We apologize for the confusion and promise NO more changes this year! Coming this Spring will be Warm Yoga Wednesdays with Daniella. Stay tuned for details! Please make sure to always check our website for the most current Class Schedule. Also, please note that we have separated and updated the Hot Yoga Schedule.
- Class Cancellation: Sunday, March 6th, our Kettle Intensity class with Kimmy at 8:30am will be cancelled because she will be out of town. Classes will resume back to normal the following week. We apologize and thank you for your understanding.
- Non-Heated Class Card Sale! Our Class Card Sale will end on March 20th. While we have delayed the computerized registration process, beginning March 21st the 10 class card will increase to $80. You may still purchase a 5 class card for $40…while supplies last!
- Yoga in A Bottle – Yoga with a Twist! That’s riiiiiight….we finally have our next wine and yoga night scheduled! Join our very own wine enthusiast and yogini, Daniella, on Friday, March 18th, 7:30pm -9pm, for a Gentle Yoga class, 5 Wine Tastings, light snacks, and tons of fun! Beginner-friendly. Bring a friend! Cost is $25 per person (wine, yoga and snacks included!) To register: Click Here.
- Feel, Flow, Fly! An Intro to Acro Yoga Workshop with Kimmy & Rob! Save the Date: Sunday, April 3rd, 1pm-3pm. Registration will be opening soon! Thank you to all who made it out to our Valentine’s Day Acro Workshop…it was great to see you all have fun and do things you thought weren’t possible. Remember – I’mPossible. 🙂
- More Workshops! We are excited to offer some more fun workshops this Spring. Also coming in April – Surfset Workshop with Ashley on Sunday, April 17th at 1pm…Save the date! We’ll also have a Meditation Workshop with Sarah in May and lots more. Details coming soon!
- Kids’ Yoga in April! We are happy to announce a 4 week session of Kids Yoga on Saturdays, 10am-11am, for ages 6-10. Drop your little one off for a fun morning stretch as you head downstairs to sweat it out in our Hot Yoga class….or maybe go and run some local errands. 😉 Each week the instructor will lead the class through a different themed yoga adventure. Yoga is a great way to ensure young ones maintain flexibility. It’s also been shown to improve focus and concentration, sleep, and even athletic ability. You must pre-register for this class and a parent must be present the first day to complete a liability release form. Class dates: April 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th. Cost is $45 for 4 sessions. To register: Click Here. (Please note that a refund will not be issued after the first class. If you cancel before the 1st class there will be a $2 processing fee. Thank you.)
- Help Save Nepal! Just a reminder that we sell water bottles in exchange for at least $1 donation that goes to Nepal Kids. Please take a moment to read about this cause and a Go Fund Me campaign spearheaded by one of our very own members, Mike Cassidy. Your donations, big or small, can really make a world of difference. To join Mike in helping to save Nepal: Click Here. Namaste.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles.
Happy March! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Happy Easter! Happy Spring!