“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“The energy that moves life is the force of the Feminine. She is unstoppable. She is the source of all life, the mover of blood, the breather of breath, the flow of the river’s water. The Feminine is life. We can feel Her moving and living in any moment we are open to Her, or as Her.” ~David Deida
- Happy May and Happy Mother’s Day to all the beautiful goddess moms in our lives…thank you for all you do! There is so much fun stuff happening at our studio in the next month as we gear up for Summer. So please make sure to check our website often for info on all of our upcoming events. Sneak peek below:
- FREE Pre/Post Natal Yoga Class for Mother’s Day! Join us at 11:30am on Sunday, May 8th for a free class for moms-to-be or brand new moms looking to ease back into a yoga practice. We welcome infants not yet crawling or walking at no extra charge. Happy Mother’s Day! You must RSVP for this event: Click Here. If you know anyone who may be interested, please spread the word!
- Meditation in May! There are still some spots left for our “Managing Stress through Yoga and Meditation” workshop with Sarah on Saturday, May 14th, 11:30am-1:30pm (following her beginner’s class). See our Workshops and Events page for more info and to register.
- Full Moon Yoga in the Park! Join us as we kick off our Yoga in the Park season with a Full Moon Yoga class at Rockledge Park – Saturday, May 21st at 8pm. You must preregister for this event. See our Workshops & Events Page for more info and to register. P.S. Yoga in the Park classes are coming to Saturday mornings this Summer. Stay tuned for details!
- FREE Essential Oils 101 Workshop! Essential Oils are the latest craze, but did you know there are countless ways they can be used in the home and to improve your family’s health and environment? Join us to learn the most common and versatile ways we can use essential oils. You’ll get to sample some of the most popular oils and learn about the different uses and types that exist. This is a FREE event. You will have the opportunity to purchase essential oils, but there is no obligation. Space is limited. You must RSVP for this event: Click Here. If you know anyone who may be interested, please spread the word.
- $5 Community Yoga – reminder that the last night of our Monday class will be on May 23rd. Come out to support our teachers in training as they get ready to present their very own yoga classes and graduate the program. See our Class Schedule for details.
Coming in June…
- Yoga for Kids! We are happy to offer a special 5 week series of Yoga for Kids (ages 6yrs-10yrs) with Sarah on Sundays at 11:15am starting June 19th. (For those who take our Hot Yoga at 11am, feel free to drop your little one off a little early…we’ll keep on eye on them.) Cost is $45 for 5 sessions. Since class begins on Father’s Day, we welcome dad to join his little one on this special day, free of charge! For more info and to register visit our Class Schedule Page. (If space allows, we may open up class to drop-ins at $15 per class. Email us at TwistedMonkeyYoga@gmail.com to inquire.)
- Tween/Teen Yoga! We are also happy to offer a 5 week series of yoga for kids ages 11yrs-15yrs on Mondays at 7:15pm beginning June 20th. (We will be closed on July 4th). Cost is $45 for 5 sessions. (For those who take our Hot Yoga at 7pm, feel free to drop your child off a little early…we’ll keep on eye on them.) For more info and to register visit our Class Schedule Page. (If space allows, we may open up class to drop-ins at $15 per class. Email us at TwistedMonkeyYoga@gmail.com to inquire.)
- Prenatal Yoga! This Summer we will bring back 6 weeks of Prenatal Yoga with Jessica on Wednesdays at 11am. Classes begin on June 22nd. You must pre-register for this class. For more info and to register visit our Class Schedule Page.
- Mommy-n-Me Yoga! This Summer we will also bring back 6 weeks of Mommy-N-Me Yoga with Jessica on Fridays at 11am. Moms (or dads!) are welcomed to join us with their little one (ages 0-5yrs) for some fun family stretch time. Cost is $70 for 6 weeks. (No extra charge for additional child.) You must pre-register for this class. For more info and to register visit our Class Schedule Page.
- Surfset Fitness with Ashley! Thanks to all who came out to our sold out Surfin’ in Spring Workshop last month. If you haven’t had the chance to stand on the Rip Surfer X board (or even if you have), we are offering another opportunity on Sunday, June 5th, 1pm-3pm. Learn about and experience this unique and fun workout as seen on the hit show Shark Tank! See our Workshops & Events Page for more info and to register. Spots are very limited so sign-up today.
- More Workshops in June! Also coming in June, a workshop on the fundamentals of Vinyasa with Stephanie and Corinne on Saturday, June 11th and a Restorative Yoga with Massage Workshop on Friday, June 17th with Devin. Details Coming Soon!
Supporting Community Causes…
- Wednesday, May 18th is the 2nd Annual Philly loves PAWS Day. Businesses and animal lovers will come together for a daylong, citywide fundraiser in support of PAWS’ lifesaving efforts. Restaurants, shops, and more will donate 10% of proceeds to bring Philadelphia closer to becoming a no-kill city. The Twisted Monkey will be making a donation in support of this event. For ways you can help and for more information, visit the Philly Loves PAWS website: http://phillylovespaws.org.
- ASSE is looking for host families. This non-profit organization places students from all over the world with host families in the USA for semesters and school years, so that these students may immerse themselves in our culture, while learning English and improving international relations. They currently have two teenage girls from the Ukraine and Thailand who practice yoga and are in need of host families. These students are ambassadors for their respective countries and are exceptionally bright and talented youngsters. As a non-profit, ASSE does not pay host families. There are no fees associated with this experience. The host family is just asked to provide sufficient room and board for the student and allow them to become part of the family for the duration of their stay. Students arrive with excellent health insurance coverage and use their own pocket money for any extracurricular activities or meals purchased outside of the home (with the exception of family dinners). Students are academically esteemed with excellent reputations in their home countries and expect to contribute to daily family life, including activities and chores. Also, each student and host family is assigned an Area Representative who is available for support for the duration of his/her stay. If you are interested in learning more, please visit their website: http://www.host.asse.com or contact us and we will connect you with the area representative.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles.
Happy May! Happy Mother’s Day! Happy Memorial Day!