“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby
- Happy June and Happy Father’s Day to all of the loving men in our lives…thank you for all you do! As we head into Summer, we know many of you will be taking some much needed R&R time. The Twisted Monkey wants to make it easy for you to keep up with your yoga practice. Please make sure to check out the changes we’ve made to the Summer Class Schedule for the Main Level Studio. (Hot Yoga class schedule will remain the same.) Sneak peek below:
- Schedule Changes/Cancellations. Intro to Yoga & Meditation with Sarah will be moving from Saturday mornings to Monday evenings this Summer. Kettle Fusion on Sunday, Sunrise Flow on Tuesday, and Vinyasa on Thursday mornings will all be taking a break this Summer. Warm Flow Yoga on Wednesday will be moving up to 5:30pm-6:30pm with no class on July 6th. All other classes should remain the same. See Class Schedule for details.
- Yoga in the Park is back! Join us at Rockledge Park on Saturdays at 10am beginning June 25th. This will be a donation-based class with a $5-$10 suggested cash drop-in. Class Cards may not be used. All Levels. Enter at Rockledge Ave. and Robbins Ave. and please bring your own yoga mat and water.
- Yoga for Kids. We still have a few spots left for our Summer 5-week series of Yoga for Kids (ages 6yrs-10yrs) with Sarah on Sundays at 11:15am. Classes begin on June 19th. (For those who take our Hot Yoga at 11am, feel free to drop your little one off a few minutes early…we’ll keep on eye on them.) Cost is $45 for 5 sessions. Since classes begin on Father’s Day, we welcome dad to join his little one on this special day, free of charge! For more info and to register, visit our Class Schedule Page. (If space allows, we may open up class to drop-ins at $15 per class. Email us at TwistedMonkeyYoga@gmail.com to inquire.)
- Surfset Fitness & Yoga! A reminder that our next Surfset Workshop will take place on Sunday, June 5th, 1-3pm. If you registered online you do not need to bring confirmation. Your name will be on the list. We have closed registration but there is still 1 spot available! If you are interested please email us at TwistedMonkeyYoga@gmail.com. If you missed this round, please stay tuned as we will be offering another workshop soon! We are also happy to offer a “5 for 4” Surfset series this Summer. When you sign up for 4 Surfset classes on Thursdays at 9:45am, you will get 1 extra class free! See our Workshops & Events page for more details.
- Fundamentals & Transitioning of Vinyasa. Don’t forget to sign up for this informative Workshop with Stephanie and Corinne on Saturday, June 11th, 12pm-3pm. Take your asana practice to the next level! See our Workshops & Events page for more details.
- Restorative Yoga & Massage. You won’t want to miss this Friday evening workshop with Devin on June 17th, 7:30pm-9:30pm. Great way to unwind, reset and be ready for Summer! See our Workshops & Events page for more details.
- FREE Sun Salutation Class! On Monday, June 20th we will gather at 7:15pm to celebrate the Summer Solstice, the Full Moon, and International Yoga Day…so much light and energy in one evening! We will welcome the season and honor these special events by participating in as many Sun Salutations as we can get in…the ultimate goal being 108! Do what you can. Stay as long as you are able. It’s sure to be a special evening.
- SAVE THE DATE! The Twisted Monkey is beyond excited to announce our very first Yoga Retreat! Join us this Fall on November 18th -20th for a 3 day weekend designed to help us get ready for the busy holiday season. Details and registration will be available soon!
- Lost and Found! If you are missing a water bottle or yoga mat, please make sure to check the yoga studio. There is a lost water bottle collection downstairs in the hot yoga ladies’ changing room. Any yoga mats or water bottles not claimed before the end of the month will be recycled. Thank you.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles.
Happy June! Happy Father’s Day! Happy Summer!