“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words but to live by them.” ~John F. Kennedy
“‘Enough’ is a feast.” ~Buddhist proverb
- Happy November! There’s a chill in the air and the smell of pumpkin….holiday season is here! Note that we will be closed on THANKSGIVING THURSDAY only in November. However, please check out our Website for a few schedule changes: Click Here. This month we are also finally launching our online registration and class packages that can even be purchased from your phone! (Please note that we will continue accepting previously purchased class cards.)
- This month is also yoga retreat time for The Twisted Monkey. We are so excited for this new phase in our yoga journey. For those of you who are not able to join us for the weekend at The Himalayan Institute, stay tuned for next year’s plans. In the meantime, we have a few fun activities lined up for you this month….
- Full Moon Yoga! Our November Full Moon Yoga class will take place on Monday, Nov. 14th at the studio at 7:30pm with Sarah. (Please note that this class will take place instead of our regularly scheduled Mon class at 7:15pm.) Class is open to all levels and will include a lunar meditation. Cost is $10 cash only, as proceeds will benefit Matter of Trust.) Come experience the powerful energy of lunar yoga! Please visit the Full Moon Yoga schedule on our Website for details.
- Restorative Yoga & Massage Workshop! Join us on Friday, Nov. 18th at 7:30pm as we bring our yoga practice to a more meditative and deeper awareness. You will also receive gentle adjustments and massage by Yoga Instructor and Massage Therapist, Devin. Allow your mind and body to disconnect from the fast pace and restore, so we may start the holidays with an open heart and mind. Let’s remember the true meaning of the season. See our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- FREE PiYo Demo class! Our very own Pilates instructor, Rose, is now a certified PiYo instructor. This fusion of Pilates moves and Yoga poses will help you gain strength and flexibility while toning and sculpting. Join us the Saturday after Thanksgiving to burn off those turkey and pie calories with a FREE PiYo class! Nov. 26th at 12:30pm. TO RSVP: Click Here. (You must pre-register for this class.)
- Yoga with a Twist! We have finally locked down a date for our Fall/Holiday edition of “Yoga in a Bottle-Yoga with a Twist!” with Daniella. Join us on Saturday, Dec. 3rd at 4:30pm for a gentle yoga flow, 5 wine tastings and light snacks. Bring a friend and save! See our Workshops & Events page to register.
- Specialty Yoga classes! Fall sessions (Surfset, Tween/Kids yoga, Prenatal, etc.) of specialty yoga classes have now ended. Look out for winter sessions starting soon! However, we are offering a Level 2 Kettle Bell and Yoga series for those who have completed one of our Level 1 series. Please see our Class Schedule and scroll down to Sundays for registration.
- Fall Drive! Thank you to all who donated items to our Montgomery County SPCA. Our instructor Stephanie, all The Twisted Monkey staff, and especially our Furry Friends appreciate your generosity and support!
- Studio Yoga Mats! As we continue to make improvements to our studio, we would like to clarify that yoga mats are for the use of brand new members on their first visit. We ask that all students who try a class and plan to continue the practice of yoga, to invest in their own mat. This way you may choose the correct length, size and density to suit your individual needs. The downstairs Hot Yoga studio provides black yoga mats that are already placed down on the floor. You may place your own yoga mat on top for extra support. We ask that you please wipe down all mats after use. Do not roll up any studio mats that may still be wet, as this can become unsanitary. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- Lost and Found! If you have left behind a water bottle, yoga mat or other personal item, please make sure to check the yoga studio. Items not claimed by the end of each month will be recycled. The lost and found is located in the hot yoga ladies’ changing room or see an instructor. Thank you.
- Stay Up-to-Date! Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles.
Happy November! Happy Thanksgiving!