“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
Yoga is about clearing away whatever is in us that prevents our living in the most full and whole way. With yoga, we become aware of how and where we are restricted — in body, mind, and heart — and how gradually to open and release these blockages. As these blockages are cleared, our energy is freed. We start to feel more harmonious, more at one with ourselves. Our lives begin to flow — or we begin to flow more in our lives.
- Hard to believe September is here! There is lots going on at The Twisted Monkey this month. Make sure to check out our Fall Class Schedule and Workshops & Events page for all the latest. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s to come….
- Yoga in the Park with Kimmy on Wednesdays at Rockledge Park has a new time of 6:30am beginning Sept. 2nd. Join us for an early morning practice and get your day off to a perfect start. Classes will continue in the Fall as long as weather permits. See our Workshops & Events page for more details.
- Lunar Yoga in the Park – Sunday, September 27th at 6:30pm at Rocklege Park. (Enter at Robbins Ave and Rockledge Ave intersection.) For those of you that made it out to our Blue Moon Yoga in the Park in July, you know what a special and rare experience it is. Well, the month of September brings us a Total Lunar Eclipse! This is the second and last one for the year, and the final of a 4 total lunar eclipse series. Help us welcome this phenomenon with a magical night of yoga under the stars. The class will include 75 minutes of lunar yoga, meditation, and a traditional smudge blessing. Bring your mat, some water and an open heart. $20 per adult.
- Kettle Yoga with Kimmy – 6 week series! Ready to take it up a notch? Join us on Wednesdays at 5:45pm from Sept. 23rd – Oct.28th for this new and unique 60 min yoga practice which incorporates Kettlebells for extra strength training and toning. We’ll start with conditioning and learn proper technique for handling Kettlebells of varying weights for an intense and invigorating practice. Due to the limited number of Kettle Bells, you must pre-register for this class. Please visit our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- Surfset Yoga & Fitness with Ashley – 3 weeks sessions of surf-inspired SUP yoga and fitness classes are here! Improve your balance, strengthen your core and your practice, build lean muscle and burn up to 900 calories in one hour! Due to the limited number of boards, pre-registration is required. Details and sign-ups are now available on our website. Please visit our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- Tai Chi class with Shihan Lynn Montana is coming to Fridays at 7pm beginning Sept. 11th. Cost is $10 (cash only). Class cards may not be used. Please see our Class Schedule for more details. Her Reiki Healing Circle will be back on the 11th as well with a new time of 8pm. This class is donation-based with a suggestion of $5-$10.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. We are now accepting applications for our next training session. Sign up before Nov. 1st and receive a $200 early bird discount! Training begins Dec. 6th. Whether you are looking to deepen your practice or start a new career, The Twisted Monkey Yoga Alliance approved program will give you the confidence and inspiration you need. For more information and to download the application: Click Here.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles. Happy September…Happy Fall!