“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional.
Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and
aren’t afraid to let others see it.
Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.”
- Happy Autumn! October is a time of growth and change here at The Twisted Monkey. Please check out our Fall Class Schedule and Workshops & Events page for all the latest. Here’s a sneak peak of what’s to come….
- Yoga in the Park season is officially over. However, you can now join us for some Sunrise Yoga with Kimmy on Tuesdays at 6:30am at our studio. An early morning practice is sure to get your day started off the right way! See our Class Schedule for details.
- New Thursday Classes! This month brings us Soulful Vinyasa with Corinne at 5:45pm, followed by Restorative Vinyasa with Stephanie at 7pm. See our Class Schedule for details.
- Friday Classes – Don’t forget that you can now join us on Friday evenings for a variety of classes! Unwind after a long week and start your weekend off the right way…Pilates and Hot Happy Hour at 5:45pm, followed by Tai Chi and Reiki. See our Class Schedule for details.
- Surfset Yoga & Fitness with Ashley is coming back with 2 new sessions! Join us this month either on Saturdays at 11am or Wednesdays at 9:30am (or both!) for 3 weeks of surf-inspired SUP yoga and fitness classes. Improve your balance, strengthen your core and your practice, build lean muscle and burn up to 900 calories in one hour! Due to the limited number of boards, pre-registration is required. Details and sign-ups are now available on our website. Please visit our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- Yoga in Bottle – Yoga with a Twist! – It’s baaaaaaaack! New day and time…Saturday, Nov. 7th 5:30-7:30pm. Cost is $25 per person and includes an hour of Gentle Yoga, 5 wine tastings, light snacks and lots of fun. If you haven’t checked out our most popular event yet (where have you been?) don’t miss out! There won’t be another until 2016! Please visit our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- Not All Breath Is Created Equal: An Introduction to Pranayama with Justine – Sunday, October 18th 1:30pm-3:30pm. Breathing is essential for us to live, but not all breath is created equal. In this workshop, we begin to bring awareness to our own breath so that we may breathe more consciously. We will explore Pranayama (yogic breathing techniques) that awaken the mind, build inner fire, cool the body, balance the spirit, and cleanse the lungs. We will discuss how we can utilize this instrument in deepening our yoga practice as well as improving all areas of our lives. Pre-registration is required. Cost is $20 per person. Please visit our Workshops & Events page for info and registration.
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training. We are now accepting applications for our next training session. Sign up before Nov. 1st and receive a $200 early bird discount! Training begins Dec. 6th. Whether you are looking to deepen your practice or start a new career, The Twisted Monkey Yoga Alliance approved program will give you the confidence and inspiration you need. For more information and to download the application: Click Here.
- A big thank you to all who came out for our Lunar Eclipse Yoga in the Park on Sunday, Sept. 25th. It was a magical night! Stay tuned for more Lunar Yoga evenings coming soon.
- We can’t thank enough all those who came together as a community to honor Bonnie Eckstrom and donated to her burial fund. You can still help by donating to a college fund for her one year old daughter Quinn: Click Here. Forever in our hearts. RIP Bonnie.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles. Happy October!