“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” ―Deb Caletti, Honey, Baby, Sweetheart.
- Happy August! Can it really be the last full moth of Summer already?! Hope you all enjoy the final few weeks before the rush of back-to-school and Fall activities begins. Please note that we will be closed on Monday, September 5th for Labor Day. Our Summer schedule is going strong and will run through most of Sept. Look out for some new classes (and old favorites) in our Fall Schedule starting the week of Sept. 18th! Most current schedule can be found online: Click Here. Here’s a sneak peek…
- Yoga in the Park! Due to the hot Summer temps, yoga at Rockledge Park on Saturdays will be moving up to 9am beginning Aug. 6th. Classes will run through the rest of Summer and a final date will be announced in Sept. We are happy to share that we raised close to $300 in July for oneorlando.org! This month’s donations will benefit PAWS. Thank you to all who have supported us so far!
- Full Moon Yoga! Our August Full Moon Yoga class will take place on Thursday, August 18th at 8:30pm at Rockledge Park. (If inclement weather, class will be held at the studio.) If you haven’t checked out our new Full Moon Yoga Schedule, please visit our website. Proceeds will benefit Matter of Trust.
Playing with Gravity! Join us on Saturday, Aug. 27th for a 2 hour workshop with Kimmy & Rob focused on Partner PLAY! Grab a friend or sign up solo to explore how gravity plays a huge part in yoga itself, and how that translates into our bodies. Come to get grounded with gravity and learn through Play! For details and registration: Click Here.
Class Cards! Please note that we are no longer selling the regular 5 class cards for $40. However, you may still purchase 10 classes for $80 until the end of Summer. While punch cards will no longer be sold after September, they will still be accepted until the end of the year. This Fall we will introduce new discount packages and class registration available through our website. We will still continue to accept cash payments in the studio. Thank you for your patience and support during this transition.
Fall Classes and 108 Yoga Malas! To kick of Autumn, join us on Thursday Sept. 22nd (the Fall Equinox!) at 7:15pm, as we once again attempt (and succeed!) to get through 108 sun salutations. After our successful Summer Solstice 108 sun salutation celebration in June, we are now happy to offer these Yoga Malas every season! More information can be found on our 108 Yoga Mala page. This event will also kick off our new Fall Schedule which will include: Surfset, Kettle Yoga, Warm Yoga, Lunch Hour Yoga, Pre/Postnatal Yoga, Kids’ Yoga, Tween Yoga, Meditation Flow, and lots more! See our schedule for more information: Click Here.
- Save the date! Registration for The Twisted Monkey’s inaugural Yoga Retreat is now open. Spots are limited and going fast! For those who would like more information, we will be offering a Retreat Information meeting on Monday, Aug. 29th at 8:30pm. We will discuss the itinerary for the 3 day weekend and answer any questions you may have. Those already registered are encouraged to attend too. The meeting should take no more than 30 min. You can also visit our Yoga Retreat page for more information or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lost and Found! If you have left behind a water bottle, yoga mat or other personal item, please make sure to check the yoga studio. Items not claimed by the end of each month will be recycled. The lost and found is located in the hot yoga ladies’ changing room or see an instructor. Thank you.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles.