“The Stretch Gazette” is our studio’s monthly newsletter. Every month The Twisted Monkey will bring you some motivation through Words of Wisdom, Yoga Tips & Facts, and the latest news from our Yoga Studio. Please subscribe to receive email notifications of our latest publication by entering your email in the box found on the sidebar. Namaste.
“Yoga, an ancient but perfect science, deals with the evolution of humanity. This evolution includes all aspects of one’s being, from bodily health to self-realization. Yoga means union; the union of body with consciousness and consciousness with the soul. Yoga cultivates the ways of maintaining a balanced attitude in day-to-day life and endows skill in the performance of one’s actions.” ~B.K.S. Iyengar, Astadala Yogamala
- It’s the last full of month of Summer! Just a reminder that our schedule will be changing after Labor Day. See our website for class changes and cancellations.
- Thank you to all who came out to our first Blue Moon Yoga night. The night was more successful than we could have imagined! Proceeds of the night will go toward a memorial fund in honor of the instructor’s brother who recently passed away. Thank you again for your support and look out for more evenings in the park in the future!
- Yoga in the Park with Kimmy – Wednesdays at 7am, starting August 5th at Rockledge Park (Enter at Robbins Ave and Rockledge Ave intersection). Come get an early morning workout in at the park and a sneak peak at the newest class coming to The Twisted Monkey this Fall! Kettle Yoga incorporates Kettle Bells into our yoga practice, creating a fusion that will help you develop extra strength and toning. The class will be 75 minutes long and will run every Wednesday until and when weather permits. This is a BYOB (Bring your own Bell…or weights) class. If you do not own either, you are still welcomed to come check it out and enjoy a yoga practice. This is a donation-based class, meaning pay what you can with a suggestion of $10 and a minimum of $5. Your contributions will help purchase new Kettle Bells for our studio so we can bring you indoor Kettle Yoga this Fall/Winter!
- Surfset Yoga & Fitness with Ashley –This Fall we will be offering 3 week sessions of surf-inspired, SUP yoga and fitness classes. Improve your balance, strengthen your core and your practice, build lean muscle and burn up to 900 calories in one hour! Due to the limited number of boards, pre-registration is required. Details and sign-ups will be available on our website soon! If you are interested in getting certified as a Surfset Fitness Trainer, we will be hosting a training workshop at The Twisted Monkey on Sunday, August 30th, 11am-7pm. You must register at the Surfset website: Click Here.
- We are now accepting applications for our next Yoga Teacher Training program! Training begins Dec. 6th. Whether you are looking to deepen your practice or start a new career, our 200 hour teacher training give you the confidence and inspiration needed. For more information and to download the application: Click Here.
- Don’t forget to give us a like for daily schedule updates on our Facebook Page and follow us on Instagram and Twitter too!
- As always, thank you for your continued support and smiles. Happy August!